The Bockrath-Wiess Home is located in St. Ferdinand Park in Florissant, Missouri. The home was built before 1870, by Henry Bockrath. He was a German immigrant who came to St. Louis and became a well known landowner and businessmen. The home is known for its architectural style of the German settlers in Missouri. Henry Bockrath built Hendels Market in 1878, which is still in business today. Henry eventually moved to Jefferson City and the home was purchased by George and Elizabeth Wiese in 1904. They owned and operated a plant nursery in Florissant. The house stayed in the Wiese family until 1973, and was purchased by the city of Florissant and remains part of St. Ferdinand Park today. The home has been restored but the interior has been left the same. The home was nominated to the National Registry of Historical Places for its example of German architecture.
Entry # 15 Historical Site The Bockrath-Wiese House July 3, 2012